31 Symptoms of Travel Obsessed People
Do you have the slight hunch that you are obsessed with travel? Well, read ahead and find for yourself. If you identify with 20 or more, you may be in trouble.
1. Your pet is named after you favorite city in the world or after something that makes you remember your travels. It can be worst. I recently read an article about a guy who named his daughter Skye after his favorite Scottish island.
2. If a flight attendant is out, you can easily replace her/him. You know how to give the security briefing and where the food is located. Furthermore, you can probably navigate thru the plane blindfolded.
3. You can pack in less than 20 minutes.
4. When you go to the book store, you head first to the travel section area or to the travel magazines stand.
5. You know exactly to how many countries you have been. You even have one of those maps where the visited countries appear in a particular color. Don’t deny it, I know where you got it.
6. When someone tells you he or she is going somewhere, you want to know all the details.
7. You don’t know what to say when someone asks what is your favorite country or city. Most difficult question. Ever.
8. Your friends ask you constantly: where are you going next? Or when you run into a person you haven’t seen in a long time, she asks you where you have been during the time she hasn’t seen you.
9. Hey, Department of State, I need more pages in my passport.
10. Additionally, you get pissed off when you enter a country and they don’t stamp your passport.
11. You know where all the closest foreign embassies are located.
12. Back at home, when you eat at a gyro, you say it doesn’t taste like the one you had in Greece or Turkey.
13. You are subscribed to 50+ travel blogs.
14. When someone asks where you bought that ring, shirt, bag or blanket, you answer Italy, Thailand or Argentina.
15. There is nothing more heart breaking than not being able travel on a constant basis.
16. Planning multiple trips at the same time is normal to you.
17. You are constantly saving or bookmarking trip ideas.
18. Desperation fills you mind when you think about all the countries you still have to visit.
19. You cry when you have to throw away your travel collects because there is no more shelf, closet or garage space available. Oh wait!! That is why paid storage spaces were invented.
20. However, your other half thanks God aloud when you say you are going to clean the place where you have stored all your travel info and there is a slight possibility that something may end in the trash.
21. You burn all you vacation time way before the end of the year.
22. Newsletters with travel deals arrive constantly to your inbox.
23. Before that trip, you just can’t sleep. You are too excited.
24. You take a wheelbarrow to travel shows.
25. Maps are displayed at your house or office. That’s a freaky one.
26. Your Internet nickname contains a variation of the following words: travel, nomadic, backpacking, runaway, wandering.
27. Have your mom ever asked you why you can’t be normal? Plus, she says not to use her anymore as your emergency contact.
28. You know how to say hi and thank you in 10 different languages. Sawadee Krup. Bula. Xie xie.
29. The Constitution is shorter than your bucket list. By the way, the original US Constitution has 4543 words. Just saying.
30. You start your own travel blog so you can justify all your travel craziness as work.
31. You felt an extreme urgency to read this post when you saw its title in Facebook or Twitter.
Do you identified with any of this? Can you identify more symptoms?
If you liked this post, please consider subscribing to my blog to receive cool updates like this one. If you are travel obsessed, one more subscription is not goign to hurt. Also, join me on Facebook or Twitter.
And remember to read my other uber fantastic posts: