This article helps you to think about boredom in a different way. Read this compilation of quotes and get inspired to bust boredom.
You guys know I am always encouraging others to break the routine, get out of the shell, and find a sense of awe.
The other day I was looking at boredom related quotes to use in tweets or Facebook updates. I was seriously amazed at what I found. The thoughts on the boredom topic, which some may find superficial, go into a deep dimension of the self.
I had to compile some of these quotes for an entire post since the ideas expressed by great minds on the topic are worthy to be shared. In addition, they reflect a lot of why I initially started this blog and the message I want to express.
Hope this post helps you to give boredom a different look.
1. Life is never boring but some people choose to be bored. The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way. Boredom is a choice; something you visit upon yourself, and it is another of those self-defeating items that you can eliminate from your life.
Wayne D. Dyer
2. I am convinced that boredom is one of the greatest tortures. If I were to imagine Hell, it would be the place where you were continually bored.
3. Boredom is the self-being stuffed with itself.
4. Boredom is what you fight. Constant, ever-present boredom. So you learn to look forward to small things. Sunlight glimpsed through a cloud, an extra piece of pie or candy, good thread to sew your blouse, a ribbon to wear in your hair.
Valerie W. Wesley
5. The tendency is to blame boredom on the environment. “This town is really dull” or “What a boring speaker.” The particular town or speaker is never dull, it is you experiencing the boredom, and you can eliminate it by doing something else with your mind or energy at that moment.
Wayne W. Dyer
6. Boredom is nothing but the experience of paralysis of our productive powers.
7. I think what we call the dullness of things is a disease in ourselves. Else how could anyone find an intense interest in life? And many do.
8. Boredom is my worst enemy. It’s killed a lot of my friends, but it won’t get me. When I get bored, I go risk my life somewhere.
9. ‘I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.’
10. It’s time, we’re waiting for you. We’re tired of your excuses, your complaining, your everything else. We need you now more than we have ever needed you before, so it’s time for you to use your boredom wisely. Yes there will be time for you to have fun, and life is indeed meant to be fun, but if you fill every waking moment with something to amuse you, then you will never accomplish anything worthwhile – which makes me concerned for you, because after all, if you were not meant for something worthwhile, then why exactly are you here?
11. If you are bored, you’re doing yourself a tremendous disservice. Open your mind, break-free from your conditioned routine, and reignite the flames of excitement and discovery.
12. There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.
13. Boredom is the fear of self.
Marie Josephine de Suin
14. Boredom is the conviction that you can’t change…the shriek of unused capacities.
15. In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
16. Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
17. Be yourself, and you will rarely be bored.
18. Boredom flourishes too, when you feel safe. It’s a symptom of security.
19. I am never bored anywhere: being bored is an insult to oneself.
20. Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful, or to discover something that is true.
21. The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
Which is your favorite quote?
Interesting that so many “great minds” talk about this subject. My favorite quotes from your list are: #12 and # 21 which combined teach us that there is nothing intrinsically boring if we keep an attitude of curiosity